Saturday, February 12, 2011

New West Little Rock Middle School (Part 3)

This in response to the latest from Mr. Adams:

Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Thank you, Greg. I truly appreciate our dialogue.
You're my representative, so I will do all in my power, whether as a cheerleader, nudge or adversary, to help you be successful in representing the citizens of Zone 4.
Political capital comes from those who elected you, not your equals on the board. Your effectiveness with, and respect among, your colleagues will come from ethically and zealously representing those you serve.
With all due respect, particularly with no opposition, you should have been up to speed on complexities of the issues and understanding and appreciating the history, investments and perspectives of others in the district from day one. That doesn't mean you should, or will ever, know all there is to know. It simply means time's a wastin'. President Obama didn't wait. Neither has Congressman Griffin. You better believe our term-limited freshman legislators are getting after it.
My first concern about your approach was raised when, before a couple hundred of your constituents, you didn't seize such a red meat political issue as unequivocal, immediate support of a new West Little Rock Middle School. Our citizens hunger for decisive leadership, accompanied by the nimble political skills to see vision to reality. What I heard that night was an inexplicable defense of where we are, not an impassioned voice for where we should be.
From where I sit, I would rank at least two other board members ahead of you in depth of commitment to the school, and this is a school which would serve those you represent.
But respecting your process, I would be very interested in knowing your method and timeline for becoming a full-voiced, fully participating, fully equal member of the board.
While my responses thus far may have seemed adversarial, I assure you that they reside fully in the role of nudge. Believe me, I can't wait to pick up the megaphone and be your cheerleader. And the same holds true for each of your six colleagues.
As always, thank you for your service and consideration.
Sincerely,
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment